Career in Manufacturing Engineering - Job Market, Scope, Future and Related Fields
Manufacturing Engineering is the study and application of Engineering Procedures in Manufacturing Processes and Production Methods. This is a detailed article about Manufacturing Engineering, it's scope, jobs market, admission eligibility criteria and much more.
Career in Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering is the study and application of Engineering Procedures in Manufacturing Processes and Production Methods.
What do Manufacturing Engineers do?
- design new products,
- select the best processes and tools and technologies and for manufacturing it,
- Plan and Design the systems, plants and factory that will produce the product, and
- Design new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones
- plan and organize maintenance of equipment
- identify faults, investigate production problems and repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- Oversee the running, management, maintenance and improvement of the factory.
- improve current operations wherever possible
We live in an age of rapid innovation, complex technology and sustainability. Naturally, the job of a Manufacturing Engineer has become even more important.
Manufacturing engineers are employed by almost every type of industry that has an end product. You can find opportunities in:
- Chemical Industry
- food and drink
- oil refinery
- plant and machinery manufacture
- Plastics and many more
Employers range from small local operations to large multinational organisations with plants and operations all over the world.
Scope of Manufacturing Engineering in Pakistan
Scope of Manufacturing Engineering is very good in Pakistan. We live in an age of rapid innovation, complex technology and sustainability. Naturally, the job of a Manufacturing Engineer has become even more important.
Related Fields of Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of Mechanical Engineering and has many related fields, so if you cannot get admission in Manufacturing Engineering or don’t find a university offering this program near you, the followings are good options for you
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Electronics Engineering
- Materials Engineering